QT Newcastle – Guest Service Agent
We are seeking a talented, vibrant and dynamic QT Guest Service Agent, that will bring individuality, creativity and passion into turning the ordinary into extraordinary.
QT Hotels & Resorts is part of EVT, one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic.
A collection of 10 hotels and resorts spanning Australia and New Zealand, each QT is linked by our signature service and commitment to quirk. And our people? With personalities as unique and extraordinary as each property, individuality is more than encouraged. What will you bring to the mix?
About QT Newcastle
Heritage on the harbour, QT Newcastle’s the newest QT on the block. Escape yesterday’s gravity and work amongst hospitality stars across our 104 guest rooms, Jana Restaurant & Bar and Rooftop at QT. With a breezy commute and CBD sea views, QT is calling for absolute Daymakers. How will you answer?
About the role
The Guest Service Agent challenges our expectations and brings new and exciting ideas to create exceptional guest experiences across our amazing spaces.
Some duties include:
- Being the point of call for all hotel interactions, from making reservations, greeting guests, helping colleagues to making restaurant bookings.
- Ensure a clear and comprehensive hand over occurs every shift.
- Ensuring that all cashiering policies and procedures are followed.
- Everyday administration, reception and adhoc tasks.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – QT, Rydges, Atura, Lylo and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Strategic focus on sustainable design, sustainable practices & procurement and transparency and reporting.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- A passion for the service and hospitality industry.
- Excellent customer relations, problem solving and communication skills.
- To achieve a level of service quality that consistently meets and exceeds the expectations of guests.
- Team player, outgoing and happy personality and a passion for delivering the best customer service possible. Ability to take initiative, prioritize and multi task.
- Proactive and positive mindset with a ‘can do’ attitude that is contagious
- Working knowledge of a hotel property management system such as Opera Infrasys & Optii