QT Newcastle – Reservations Agent
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
A collection of 10 hotels and resorts spanning Australia and New Zealand, each QT is linked by our signature service and commitment to quirk. And our people? With personalities as unique and extraordinary as each property, individuality is more than encouraged. What will you bring to the mix?
About QT Newcastle
Heritage on the harbour, QT Newcastle’s the newest QT on the block. Escape yesterday’s gravity and work amongst hospitality stars across our 104 guest rooms, Jana Restaurant & Bar and Rooftop at QT. With a breezy commute and CBD sea views, QT is calling for absolute Daymakers. How will you answer?
About the role
The Front Office Reservationist challenges our expectations and brings new and exciting ideas to create exceptional guest experiences across our amazing spaces.
This is a duel role for a talented and experienced hotel reservationist with a focus on reservations however supportive role in operations.
Some duties include:
- Develop efficient methods to manage the busy reservations inbox and guests requests.
- Drive awareness and revenue in to the various outlets with internal and external guests. This includes restaurant reservations and event enquiries.
- Conduct pre and post arrival calls to all guests, building rapport with the hotels regular guests and building trusted relationships with new guests.
- Building out guest profiles, communicating profiles to the wider team.
- Ability to step in to front office operations and support with daily operations.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- The ability to work under pressure in one of Newcastle’s busiest hotels
- Passion for creating memorable guest experiences
- Excellent presentation and exceptional communication skills
- Team player with a hands on approach
- Current and full Australian Drivers License
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.