QT Newcastle – Room Attendants
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
A collection of 10 hotels and resorts spanning Australia and New Zealand, each QT is linked by our signature service and commitment to quirk. And our people? With personalities as unique and extraordinary as each property, individuality is more than encouraged. What will you bring to the mix?
About QT Newcastle
Heritage on the harbour, QT Newcastle’s the newest QT on the block. Escape yesterday’s gravity and work amongst hospitality stars across our 104 guest rooms, Jana Restaurant & Bar and Rooftop at QT. With a breezy commute and CBD sea views, QT is calling for absolute Daymakers. How will you answer?
About the role
As a Room Attendant, you will take responsibility in cleaning and maintaining Guest rooms to the highest of standards. With the opportunity for progression within the housekeeping department.
It is essential that you are a reliable member of staff and demonstrate the QT personality.
- Carry out cleaning duties with a main focus on guest rooms across the hotel ensuring the highest of quality is achieved in a routine manner. The Ability to work autonomously whilst managing your time to meet specific targets.
- Ensure the storerooms are clean, well maintained and organized at all times.
- Operate machinery in a compliant and safe manner, whilst maintaining a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards.
- Adhere to all sanitation and chemical use guidelines.
- Dispose of waste as per the hotel and authority standards and Adhere to recycling guidelines.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and in good working order.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Has proven previous work experience
- Demonstrates a great attitude and a willingness to learn
- Works efficiently and well with others
- Has previously worked with cleaning machinery and chemicals.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.