QT Newcastle – Sous Chef
$75,000 – $85,000
About QT Hotels & Resorts
Excuse me… yes, you. Welcome to QT. Our hotels and resorts stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and now Newcastle. Each is unique, just like our 1999 people. Care to make it 2000?
Our passion is people, designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. Together, we create a place of quirky luxury, where service is an art and an honor.
About QT Newcastle
Join our team and be part of the hottest hotel with our first ever regional QT property. The doors flung open in June 2022, this newest kid on the block has transformed the CBD of Newcastle. Sitting pretty within a stunning heritage building and surrounded by bars, shops, eateries and a buzzing metropolitan vibe, QT Newcastle is where city life meets coastal charm. Boasting a signature restaurant and bar, plus a spectacular Rooftop bar with breathtaking views stretching across Newcastle Harbour and the Pacific Ocean. Great public transport will make your commute a breeze.
Centrally located in the East End Village of Newcastle’s CBD, this property is owned by Iris Capital and managed under the QT Brand.
A rare opportunity has come about for a natural born leader who can bring creativity, passion, and strong leadership to the wider team as the Sous Chef
The successful candidate will assist with leading the entire hotel culinary direction from Jana Bar & Grill (signature restaurant), Rooftop at QT, Scott’s Café, In Room Dining and Meetings & Events.
Keeping within the guide of maintaining a Bar & Grill approach to Jana Bar & Grill, a Japanese inspired bar menu at Rooftop Bar, and a classic breakfast approach to breakfast, the rest lies with the creativity of the individual.
This is a hands on role which requires an individual to step in and step up to all occasions and to drive the overall guest experience with delicious food.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years experience in an equivalent or greater role.
- Responsible for rostering and recruitment, mentoring, training and development for both kitchen employees and FOH employees.
- Responsible for purchasing and stock control, conducting month-end stock takes with weekly tracking.
- Accurately cost all dishes for all menus across the hotel.
- Drive a seasonal change in menus across the hotel.
- WH&S & FSS – Sound knowledge & thorough understanding of compliance, kitchen safety, and overall legislation.
- Ability to lead a team with a hands on approach to problem solving.
- Encyclopedic knowledge of food & cooking techniques.
- This role requires an individual who can drive and develop the team with a positive attitude, focusing on driving a professional culture in the workplace.
Skills & Experience
- Three years of Sous Chef experience or greater.
- The Ability to handle high stress, high pressure situations.
- Immaculate presentation and advanced communication skills.
We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury. But people are what make QT. One. By. One. Are you? One, I mean? Let’s find out..
- Renowned for excellence in guest experiences, design and fine dining.
- An ideas-driven, ever-evolving and rapidly expanding company.
- We’re connected to our local creative and culinary communities.
- Career growth through our EVT network.
- Discounted movies at Event Cinemas & hefty accommodation savings.
- CBD location, close to shops, entertainment and all public transport.
- New hotel opening, be part of the opening team from planning to execution.