QT Newcastle – Wait Team
About QT Hotels & Resorts
Excuse me… yes, you. Welcome to QT. Our hotels and resorts stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and now Newcastle. Each is unique, just like our 1308 people. Care to make it 1309?
Our passion is people, designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. Together, we create a place of quirky luxury, where service is an art and an honour.
About QT Newcastle
Newly opened 5* hotel! Join our team and be part of the hottest hotel in town and our first ever regional QT property. This newest kid on the block is set to transform the CBD of Newcastle. Sitting pretty within a stunning heritage building and surrounded by bars, shops, eateries and a buzzing metropolitan vibe, QT Newcastle is where city life meets coastal charm. Boasting a signature restaurant and bar, plus a spectacular Rooftop bar with breath-taking views stretching across Newcastle Harbour and the Tasman Sea. Great public transport will make your commute a breeze, centrally located in the East End Precinct of Newcastle’s CBD.
An exciting opportunity has become available for exceptional Section Waiters! We’re talking: 3 to four plate carry, great food and beverage knowledge, fast walk, cool, calm and collected – within QT Newcastle’s Jana Restaurant and Bar.
The successful individuals must have exceptional personal presentation and service skills and exude a warm and jovial attitude.
As we are a medium to small hotel consisting of 104 guest rooms, Restaurant, Rooftop Bar Café and Room Service – this role will require individuals who are very hands on. Reporting to the Food and Beverage Supervisors and Managers, you will be directly responsible for delivering the QT signature service for each of our guests and to the local community.
- Anticipate and attend to the guest’s needs and desires immediately.
- Maintain your appearance in accordance with the hotel’s grooming standards.
- Maintain a harmonious relationship with other members of the service team.
- Acquire a full knowledge of the hotel’s food and beverage service policies and procedures.
- Maintain superior levels of food and beverage service to hotel guests.
- Comply with the hotel’s standards when producing and dispensing food and beverage products.
- Maintain an acceptable degree of knowledge with regard to food and beverage product.
- Participate in all rostered theoretical and on the job training sessions.
- Comply with all of the hotel’s operational policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all areas are stocked in accordance with established par levels.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Have a full knowledge of and practice of all of the hotel’s established occupational health and safety guidelines (OH&S).
- Adhere to all established cashiering policies and procedures.
- Ensure the protection and maintenance of all operating equipment.
- Complete all assigned opening and closing duties.
- Give assistance to other departments or outlets when required.
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Perform any other duties as directed by supervisor / manager.
We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work.
Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury. But people are what make QT. One. By. One. Are you? One, I mean? Let’s find out..
- Renowned for excellence in guest experiences, design and fine dining.
- An ideas-driven, ever-evolving and rapidly expanding company.
- We’re connected to our local creative and culinary communities.
- Career growth through our Event Entertainment & Hospitality network.
- Discounted movies at Event Cinemas & hefty accommodation savings.
- CBD location, close to shops, entertainment and all public transport.
- New hotel opening, be part of the opening team from planning to execution.