QT Perth – Commis Chef / Chef de Partie (Pastry)
About the business
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury. QT is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand.
About the role
QT Perth is on the search to recruit a Pastry Chef de Partie and/or Commis with a passion for Italian inspired cuisine and a love of WA produce.
QT is a highly regarded local brand that encourages inclusivity, diversity and most importantly personality. Our workplace philosophy focuses on respect, professionalism and fun, so it’s definitely a company worth getting to know!
AHA WA Best Accommodation Hotel 2022, Best Hotel Restaurant for Santini Bar and Grill, Best Hotel Bar for The Rooftop at QT, and many more awards.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
The ideal candidates will have at least 2 year experience and be able to demonstrate an ability to:
- Confidently handle a busy service
- Experience in high end restaurant pastry work
- Be a great mentor to other members of our team, while being able to work under pressure
- Efficiently and effectively manage your time.
- Show up to work with a positive, professional and happy attitude.
- Maintain a clean and professional work space.
- Adhere to cleaning procedures.
- Cook and present high quality food.
- Operate within a culture of respect.
- Effectively and professionally troubleshoot operational problems with the head chef.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.