QT Queenstown – Maintenance Assistant
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
A collection of 10 hotels and resorts spanning Australia and New Zealand, each QT is linked by our signature service and commitment to quirk. And our people? With personalities as unique and extraordinary as each property, individuality is more than encouraged. What will you bring to the mix?
About QT Queenstown
Remarkable, are you? You’ll fit right in at QT Queenstown – surrounded by fun, and in full view of lakeside luxe. With destination dining outlets like Bazaar Marketplace and Reds Bar plus event spaces and guest rooms decked out in alpine divine, QT’s ready for a fresh flurry of passionate service.
About the role
- Conduct preventative maintenance to prevent breakdowns in accommodation rooms and public areas
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Manager, manage all external contractors to ensure quality of work and OH&S standards are met
- Undertake painting, plastering and general maintenance activities
- Respond to guest requests in a polite and timely manner
- Fulfil work orders and tasks in a timely manner
- Monitor task and time sheets accurately to ensure correct charging applies
- Complete daily rounds, identifying and reporting problems
- Full-Time position, 40 hours/week guaranteed
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Proven experience in general property maintenance
- Customer service orientated with a happy, friendly disposition
- The ability to work both unsupervised and in a team environment
- Exceptional focus on attention to detail
- A logical and practical approach to general maintenance problems
- Have a great attitude and do what it take to get the job done right
- You must be physically fit, have a get-up-and-go attitude
- Be someone who won’t stop until the job is completed in a safe and presentable manner
- In this role, weekend work will be required on a five day roster
- Be well presented and hospitable
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.