QT Sydney – Bar Manager
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
A collection of 10 hotels and resorts spanning Australia and New Zealand, each QT is linked by our signature service and commitment to quirk. And our people? With personalities as unique and extraordinary as each property, individuality is more than encouraged. What will you bring to the mix?
About QT Sydney
Passionate with impeccable taste? Devoted to making the day? Bring your whole self to revel in QT Sydney’s lavish CBD scene. Serve up moments of surprise and delight across our luxurious rooms, spaQ, event venues and divine dining institutions like Gowings and Parlour. Extraordinary awaits you.
About the role
QT Sydney is looking for an outgoing, hands-on Bar Manager to drive exceptional experience, lead a team with passion, curate cocktail lists and work with sommeliers in creating a beverage program. Gowings bar is the the forefront of our hatted restaurant, Gowings. We are looking to work with someone with a passion for looking after people and loves working in a fast-paced environment. You will be chiefly focused on the operation of the bar, development of its beverage program, leading, training and developing a team while assisting in the day-to-day runnings of the venue.
- Be a direct support to our Director of Food & Beverage and work in line with our management team. Assist in leading and developing a strong and well-established FOH and BOH team.
- Manage the day-to-day operations ensuring that the level of customer service is consistently in line with our brand standards.
- Maintain an exceptional level of service and delivery of our cocktail and spirits program
- Help our established bar team push boundaries and introduce new ideas to our beverage program
- Maintain operations within budgetary requirements
- Attend our weekly management meetings, and contribute agenda points by sharing issues and observations.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Have a confident level of knowledge in wines/spirits/cocktails and be able to contribute and elevate the development of our beverage offering.
- Involvement in recruitment, training and development as well as on-the-job
- Motivate and inspire our team to achieve great results.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.