QT Sydney – Door Host (Director of Chaos)
About the business
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury. QT is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand.
Nestled within the historic former Gowings department store and historic State Theatre, QT Sydney entwines the intrigue and excitement of the past with an edgy designer hotel.
About the role
To fit the personality of this hotel we need to hire a casual Director of Chaos (door person) who has style, a sense of theatre and showmanship and a ‘larger than life’ character.
You will work aside our Porters providing quick and efficient service to all guests, assisting with their luggage and vehicles while welcoming guests into the hotel.
You will be the face, personality, and street presence of QT Sydney.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Well-groomed, classy professional
- A show-off, fun personality with a welcoming presence
- Naughty and nice rolled up into a firecracker of fun
- Excited to play the part in bespoke costumes that are designed to share the stage with our incredibly innovative interiors
- Energy to burn, we don’t like boring here!
- Immaculate presentation
- Enjoy being part of a team and have a hands-on attitude
- People that love looking after people, and exceeding guests’ expectations
- Hotel or host experience preferred
- Drivers license preferred
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.