Housekeeping | Listed 21 March
QT Sydney – Executive Housekeeper
QT Sydney is recruiting for an Executive Housekeeper who will be responsible for overseeing the proper and smooth operation of the Housekeeping Department. The Executive Housekeeper will monitor all aspects of employee activity to ensure the highest quality in cleanliness and service.
What we are looking for:
- Three years of housekeeping experience in a management role required
- Ability to handle high-stress situations
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail-oriented and good organizational skills.
What we need:
- Experience with interviewing and hiring of all housekeeping staff
- Experience in coordinating and providing adequate training and re-training of all housekeeping staff
- Ability to identify employees for possible promotions
- Experience in performance management and training
- Managing and coordinating with department purchasing, maintaining consistent availability of all cleaning products, machinery, amenities, etc
- Administer “Quality Assurance Program”
- As necessary, establish new standards to provide the guests the highest quality of service
- Through close communication with the General Manager, recommend areas in need of improvement.
- Assist with weekly/monthly inventories, with timely reporting to Accounting
- Through proper scheduling, keep payroll costs within budgeted guidelines
- Ensure expenses are kept within budgeted guidelines, through monitoring of staff handling and usage of supplies and equipment
- Attend all scheduled meetings, i.e. Rooms Division, Department Head, Safety, etc
- Report in either written or verbal form all information to the Executive Housekeeper
- Responsible for proper quality control and daily monitoring of staff
- Ensure standards of cleanliness are met in all areas of responsibility
- Perform timely and fair performance appraisals of all staff
- Oversee the safe and productive evaluation of the hotel laundry
- Effectively liaise with outsourcing laundry
- At all times act as a leader and sets a great example
Please apply or send CV to [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit www.qtsydney.com.au
* Preference will be given to either Australian or New Zealand citizens or Permanent Residents.
If you fit the bill and are looking for a launching pad to skyrocket your career, click ‘Apply for this job’ NOW!