QT Sydney – Handyperson
About the business
Nestled within the historic former Gowings department store and historic State Theatre Building, QT Sydney entwines the intrigue and excitement of the past with an edgy designer hotel.
QT Sydney is seeking an experienced handyperson to take on the handyman position and day to day upkeep of our 5 star hotel.
About the role
We’re looking for a trustworthy, energetic individual who can work unsupervised and in team environments. The right candidate will have handyman experience and must have a “can do” attitude, maintenance skills, good communication skills, be dependable and punctual.
Trade skills and hotel experience are advantageous and will make the right candidate stand out.
The position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for the day-to-day up-keep of the hotel. Lifting and physical activity is part of this active “hands-on”, Full Time position.
- Perform in a capacity in all facets of the Engineering team. Carrying out duties in a responsible and competent manner.
- Perform all work functions as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Demonstrate initiative for rotating and flexible rosters, according to the hotels business needs.
- Respond promptly to all calls for assistance and communicate actions taken.
- Maintain neat and presentable self-appearance in accordance with the hotel’s grooming standards.
- Maintain harmonious working relationships with other staff members.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment.
- Comply with all of the hotel’s operational policies and procedures.
- Gain full knowledge and practice all of the hotel’s occupational health and safety guidelines (WH&S).
- 2- 4 days a week.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
We also include all tools, equipment, uniform, meals and the various QT Sydney benefits this role provides.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.