QT Sydney – In-Room Dining Team (Mini Bar & Room Service)
About the business
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury. QT is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand.
About the role
This will be a busy hands on role. You will be responsible for serving 200 guest rooms over the two towers of the hotel. Offering a full-time salary and skill development, we can offer a clear career path for a driven and passionate individual.
The role would suit a young up-and-comer, currently working in a similar workplace and looking to take the next step in their career.
As the primary point of contact for the Hotel, guest relations and interaction is vital as is maintaining a clean and safe workplace. The duties of the role would include:
- checking and re-stocking all mini bars;
- charging mini-bar usage to guest rooms;
- liaising with Housekeeping and Front Office to deliver clean and stocked rooms on time;
- delivering quality food and drinks in an engaging and timely fashion;
- working with the kitchen, restaurant and bars;
- operating the POS system, accurately processing all cash and card transactions, and being held accountable for your till;
- completing floor checks regularly and ensuring a clear building corridors at conclusion of shift;
- maintaining a clean and efficient work space during service;
- communicating any issues or incidents to management;
- all aspects of closing and cleaning the IRD office and service areas;
- closing room tabs, finalising bills, cleaning stations, tills, trays, utensils, glassware etc;
- re-setting of the common fast service items, securing stock, removing bins and leaving the place ready for next day’s trade.
With 5 shifts a week, the right candidate will have a willingness to go the extra mile, be immaculately presented, love looking after people and exceeding guest expectations and be a team player with a hands-on attitude.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.