QT Sydney – Painting Supervisor
About the business
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury. QT is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand.
About the role
To ensure success, painter supervisors should display strong problem solving and decision-making skills with a solid understanding of painting, preparing surfaces, fixing woodwork, filling holes and cracks and maintain and decorate surfaces of buildings and structures.
- Inspect the hotel regularly to identify painting needs and defects.
- Prepare weekly painting schedules and allocate work as per forecasted workloads.
- Supervise and train workers.
- Erecting scaffolding and ladders and placing drop sheets to protect adjacent areas from paint splattering
- Oversee all painting jobs and ensure that work is completed on time.
Maintain all inventory and equipment, and ensure proper storage.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and practices on site.
- Preparing surfaces by removing old paint and wallpaper, fixing woodwork, filling holes and cracks, and smoothing and sealing surfaces
- Conduct follow-ups on all painting work.
- Selecting and preparing paints to required colours by mixing portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying additives
- Establish strategies to meet workload demands on time.
- Cleaning equipment and work areas.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.