QT Sydney – Restaurant Supervisor
About the Business
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury.
QT Hotels & Resorts is part of EVT, one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic.
Nestled within the historic former Gowings department store and historic State Theatre, QT Sydney entwines the intrigue and excitement of the past with an edgy designer art deco hotel.
About the role
As a Restaurant Supervisor, you’ll own the delivery of an exceptional dining experience, work closely with the Restaurant Manager and Head Chef to lead a team of the experienced wait staff, and are accountable for training and up-skilling the wider team around premium products and service. You’ll manage the day-to-day operations of the restaurant and ensure each guest has an exceptional dining experience.
You’ll have the chance to work with a world-class team that delivers nothing short of excellence. Additionally, your attention to detail is second to none, you’ll show initiative, be focused and always own the result.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences;
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job;
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more;
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more;
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo;
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network;
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving;
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Experience working with wine as well as a good understanding of all beverages is preferential.
- You will be guest focused and willing to spend time developing and training new and existing staff of different capabilities.
- Enjoy a hands-on style and are passionate about ensuring consistency are preferential.
- Working in collaboration with all team members is essential.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.