QT Sydney – Room Service Supervisor
About the business
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury.
QT Hotels & Resorts is part of EVT, one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic.
Nestled within the historic former Gowings department store and historic State Theatre, QT Sydney entwines the intrigue and excitement of the past with an edgy designer art deco hotel.
About the role
- Accountable for the efficient and effective operation of rooms service and mini bar areas with regard to service, staff development, guest relations, revenue and loss control according to hotel guidelines and policies.
- Must be friendly, offer 5-star service and diligent.
- Make up the weekly roster, monitoring and reacting to any changes in the business levels accordingly.
- Ensure outlet policies and procedures are followed.
- Maintain effective inter-departmental communication.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Food and Beverage Manager, work closely with Management come up with new strategies and designs
- Attend departmental and other meetings as required.
- Participates in outlet beverage and operating equipment stocktakes.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- At least 3+ years in hospital or customer service.
- Excellent communication skills, and strong English skills.
- Strong eye for detail
- Passionate customer service advocate
- Immaculate presentation and swag
- Strong creativity and ability to think outside the square while coaching and developing a team
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.