QT Wellington – Commis Chef
About the business
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury. QT is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand.
About the role
QT Wellington is seeking a Commis Chef to join our award winning culinary team. Our restaurant is a Wellington institution and this opportunity presents an amazing springboard into the world of one of QT’s signature dining experiences, with flair, quirk & everything in between.
- Experience in sauces, larder, pastry and the hot line will be favorably considered but more than that we are looking for someone who is ready to step up and take their kitchen experience to the next level. You will bring your positive attitude and we will supply the rest.
- You will be taught to look after a section and support the talented brigade already in the kitchen. This is your chance to bring your skills and experience to our kitchen.
What we need:
- Passion for delivering culinary flair
- Positive attitude and an electric personality
- Articulate, confident & trustworthy
- Impeccably groomed and presented professionally
- True team player, willing to take initiative
The vacancy we are looking to fill requires a flexible person who is confident in their own skin and can play well with others. This is a full time position that will include weekday and weekend hours.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.