QT Wellington – Director of Sales
About QT Hotels & Resorts
Excuse me… yes, you. Welcome to QT. Our hotels and resorts stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is unique, just like our 1254 people. Care to make it 1255?
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. Together, we create a place of quirky luxury, where service is an art and an honor.
About QT Wellington
The southernmost city of New Zealand’s North Island, Wellington is the nation’s capital and arts and culture hot-spot. Our QT is dripping in art, color and creativity, inviting guests and foodies to dine at the extraordinary Hippopotamus, get spicy at Hot Sauce Asian Eatery or mingle in the opulent Lobby Lounge. Work for QT, explore NZ. Simple!
The Director of Sales is the master of our commercial sales destiny. They are as happy creating strategy to deliver revenue to key market segments as they are developing relationships with important contacts over a cup of coffee.
This is a commercially driven role and will oversee the hotel targets for rooms & conferencing.
- To lead the Hotel sales team responsible for delivering rooms and meetings/incentive related revenue, the implementation.
- Source leads for quoting on major business at the Hotel.
- Strive to deliver above market performance, further enhancing the hotel’s market share.
- To support the strategic direction of the hotel’s sales strategy in the region.
- Assist in the development of the Annual Business Plan and Financial Budget.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Loyalty and Digital colleagues to fully identify new revenue streams and opportunities across all segments, including outlet activations and packages.
- Prepare monthly Sales Reports reflecting consolidated information from the Sales team activities, market intelligence and adjustments to the marketing plan.
- Participate & prepare a Hotel Quarterly Review presentation and play an active role.
- Manage a portfolio of key accounts as advised by the GM / National DOSM.
- Investigate and/or follow-up on all major Sales Leads maintaining an effective trace system to convert potential business and lapsed business.
- Monitor the hotel sales delivery against targets through a process of review and revision.
- Be aware of business peaks and troughs and contribute innovative ideas that contribute to the revenue and profitability of the Hotel and explore opportunities for joint ventures with domestic industry partners that produce viable Sales revenues.
- Participate in industry organisations with a view to maintaining relationships, securing business and obtaining industry information.
- Monitor the deployment of all training initiatives to ensure the team have access to training and that the outcomes are meeting the needs of the business and the client.
- Ensure that the Sales Team is following Account Management best practice – productivity reviews are completed with every account as determined by the account service level agreements, re-forecasts are completed and remedial activity is implemented.
- Actively look for opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise with EVTV NZ hotels and national sales colleagues.
- Support your team on major negotiations by assisting them in the planning and preparation stage.
- Ensure that you and your team follow EVT Policy and Procedure with regards to the use of all systems.
- Cultivate a high-performance culture and act as mentor, coach, trainer and task master for your team,
Skills & Experience
- Hospitality sales and marketing leadership at a senior level,
- Knowledge of the NZ and Australian hotel markets and a deep understanding of where the business comes from.
- Experience developing strong commercial sales strategies and the ability to flex and adapt that strategy to stay ahead of the market.
We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury. But people are what make QT. One. By. One. Are you? One, I mean? Let’s find out…
Renowned for excellence in guest experiences, design and fine dining. An ideas-driven, ever-evolving and rapidly expanding company. We’re connected to our local creative and culinary communities. Career growth through our EVT network. Discounted movies at Event Cinemas & hefty accommodation savings. Located in Wellington’s stunning cultural precinct on the water… sounds good right?!