QT Wellington – Housekeeping Supervisor
About the business
The southernmost city of New Zealand’s North Island, Wellington is the nation’s capital and arts and culture hot-spot. Our QT is dripping in art, color and creativity, inviting guests and foodies to dine at the extraordinary Hippopotamus, get spicy at Hot Sauce Asian Eatery or mingle in the opulent Lobby Lounge. Work for QT, explore NZ. Simple!
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury. QT is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand.
About the role
The Housekeeping Supervisor forms part of the Housekeeping team and is responsible for supervising and training team members whilst assisting the Executive Housekeeper with operational managerial duties.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Take direction from Executive Housekeeper as well as maintaining a proactive approach.
- Understand and implement ways to achieve targets within the department.
- Direct and supervise Room Attendants, Houseman and/or Laundry Attendants to ensure a high level of productivity within the department at all times.
- Ensure a full understanding of Room Attendants, Houseman and Laundry Attendants responsibilities in order to cover this position in their absence.
- Be a brand ambassador for the hotel as well as EVT
Behaviors & Attributes:
- People focused providing leadership, guidance and assistance to colleagues where needed.
- Guest focused, providing efficient, friendly and professional service to all guests.
- Physical fitness to cope with a labour-intensive operation.
- Work together with trust and treat all guests and colleagues from all cultural groups with respect.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.