QT Wellington – Room Attendant
About the business
The southernmost city of New Zealand’s North Island, Wellington is the nation’s capital and arts and culture hot-spot. Our QT is dripping in art, color and creativity, inviting guests and foodies to dine at the extraordinary Hippopotamus, get spicy at Hot Sauce Asian Eatery or mingle in the opulent Lobby Lounge. Work for QT, explore NZ. Simple!
About the role
The Room Attendant is a key member of the Housekeeping team responsible for the cleaning of guest rooms and public areas.
- Take direction from Supervisor and/or Executive Housekeeper as well as maintaining a proactive approach.
- Converse with and acknowledge guests in a professional manner as they move through the hotel.
- Attend to guest requests and/or comments in a timely manner and ensure to communicate any problems with the Supervisor.
- Be fully conversant with the hotel facilities and services in order to promote the hotel and also to answer any queries from guests.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Trustworthy, punctual and a positive attitude.
- Physical fitness to cope with a labor-intensive operation.
- An eye for detail is important to make a flawless room.
- Work together with trust and treat all guests and colleagues from all cultural groups with respect.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.