QT Wellington – Night Cleaner
About the business
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury. QT is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand.
The southernmost city of New Zealand’s North Island, Wellington is the nation’s capital and arts and culture hot-spot. Our QT is dripping in art, color and creativity, inviting guests and foodies to dine at the extraordinary Hippopotamus, get spicy at Hot Sauce Asian Eatery or mingle in the opulent Lobby Lounge. Work for QT, explore NZ. Simple!
About the role
The Night Cleaner is a key member of the Housekeeping team responsible for the cleaning of all public areas through out the hotel.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Take direction from Supervisor and/or Executive Housekeeper as well as maintaining a proactive approach.
- Converse with and acknowledge guests in a professional manner as they move through the hotel.
- Be fully conversant with the hotel facilities and services in order to promote the hotel and also to answer any queries from guests.
- Follow and complete all checklists/tasks efficiently and report any difficulties immediately to the Supervisor.
- Be a brand ambassador for the hotel as well as Event Hospitality & Entertainment.
- Ensure to use all equipment and chemicals in accordance to the Standard Operating Procedures as well as Health & Safety procedures.
- Ensure the protection and maintenance of all operating equipment.
- Report any and all maintenance issues immediately to ensure speedy repairs.
- Collects dirty linen and rubbish bags from floors and then place these in the correct area in preparation of laundry pickup.
- Service and clean public areas in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures within the allocated time.
- Rotate mattresses regularly and keep accurate record of these rotations.
- Report any and all unusual, different or abnormal situations seen in or around the hotel straightaway.
- Look out for and report any potential health and safety hazards to the Supervisor.
- Handle all lost property with care and according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Contribute to cost control through energy conservation, correct storage of all materials and use of equipment as per operation standards and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Follow the hotel policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals to ensure compliance, safety and profitability.
- Give assistance and support to other departments and/or colleagues when needed.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings, training and development programs.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.