Rydges Auckland – Guest Service Agent
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
Rydges Auckland is a 4.5 star 267 room hotel located in the heart of the Auckland CBD. We invite you to join our front desk team, drive excellence in guest service, perform shift operations and create memorable experiences!
About the Role
The Guest Service Agent provides professional, courteous and helpful service to all enquiries. You will greet new arrivals, answer calls from guests, check in and out and organize payments, all with a professional approach. Key responsibilities include:
- Welcoming guests, converse with and acknowledge guests in a professional manner as they move through public areas.
- Check guests in and out with efficiency and friendliness and in accordance with the established Hotel procedural guidelines.
- Process daily guest transactions and accounts accurately and efficiently.
- Work with other departments (Housekeeping, Reservations, Maintenance etc. to ensure that guest rooms are properly prepared for arriving guests.
- Be fully conversant with the hotel facilities, services and rates in order to promote hotel facilities and answer any queries from guests.
- Book, update, amend and/or cancel reservations accurately and according to the Hotel’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Promote Priority Guest Rewards Membership Program and assist guests enrolling into the program.
- Relay any messages (phone, mail or email) related to other departments immediately and accurately.
Benefits & perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role or customer facing role.
- Ability to build warm relationship, initiates contact and builds rapport easily
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Available to work on weekends and public holidays
- Full New Zealand Driver’s License prefered
If you are interested in the role as Guest Service Agent please submit your application via the link, detailing what makes you stand out from the crowd! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.