Rydges Bankstown – Demi Chef
About the business
Rydges Bankstown is a 120 room 4 star hotel fronting the Hume Highway in Bass Hill. The property features a restaurant, bar, and conferencing facilities.
Rydges is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
About the role
We are looking for a fun and enthusiastic individual to join our small and friendly team in the role of Part Time Demi Chef to oversee and assist our dinner evening trade.
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVENT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVENT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including Weeknight, Weekends & Public Holidays
- Predominantly PM shifts
- Previous Chef experience, ideally in a restaurant environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, including written and spoken English
- Experienced working in a fast paced, high pressure kitchen environment whilst leading a team in a friendly and comfortable atmosphere
- Must have Commercial Cookery Certificate III
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate applicants preferred
- Must have a reliable vehicle (free parking onsite)
If you feel you have all the requirements to meet our guest’s expectations whilst having a fantastic time doing it, let us know!