Rydges Camperdown – Front Office Duty Manager
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Camperdown
Join our dedicated team at Rydges Camperdown, where heritage charm and modern hospitality blend seamlessly. Located in the heart of Camperdown, with a range of amenities and guest facilities, our hotel offers a unique backdrop for your career journey. Explore exciting opportunities and be part of our Camperdown story!
About the role
We are seeking applications from a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to take on a Full Time role of Duty Manager within our Front Office team. As Duty manager you will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the hotel, as well as supporting the senior management team in delivering an exceptional guest experience. A professional attitude and absolute passion for customer service is vital for success in this role, as well as time management and sound problem solving skills.
Your day-to-day tasks will look like :
- Processing and assisting with check-in/check-out of guests
- Actively resolve guest issues and challenges presented on shift
- Providing guidance, support training and leadership of front office team
- Responsible for cash and hotel assets whilst on shift
- Assisting in delivery of front office performance reviews and staff development
- Assisting in all hotel departments during peak times whilst ensuring a high level of service is maintained
- Responsible for the health and safety of all patrons, guests and staff members.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- A natural leader with a ‘hands on’ approach,
- Insists on leading by example
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent presentation and grooming standards
- Flexible working hours including nights, weekends and public holidays
- Previous hotel supervisory experience and
- Opera experience will be highly regarded
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.