Rydges Camperdown – Handyperson
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Camperdown
Join our dedicated team at Rydges Camperdown, where heritage charm and modern hospitality blend seamlessly. Located in the heart of Camperdown, with a range of amenities and guest facilities, our hotel offers a unique backdrop for your career journey. Explore exciting opportunities and be part of our Camperdown story!
About the role
The role of a Handyperson is to support the Maintenance team in ensuring the hotel assets are well maintained and kept presentable at all times. In this position we are looking for an experienced maintenance person who enjoys working in a professional environment, has great customer service skills, high operating standards and enjoys being “hands on” with and exceptional eye for detail.
- Respond and attend to requests generated through the hotels property management system (PMS) and prioritize tasks.
- Complete tasks as part of the guest room preventative maintenance program.
- Complete a varied and wide range of repair and maintenance tasks throughout the hotel with minimal supervision and with diligence.
- Proactively identify property operating issues throughout the hotel that require follow up.
- Ensure safety management is appropriately instituted to reduce the risk of accident or incident.
- Utilise and maintain all equipment and machinery correctly and safely.
Support the Maintenance Manager in implementing best practices and standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Carry out general cleaning and maintenance of hotel grounds and gardens.
- The role is a casual position, and the candidate must have the ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and public holidays.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Previous experience in a maintenance and/or technician role.
- A good all round knowledge of maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of safe OHS practices.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize work, with well-rounded skill set.
- Operates clean and orderly work area to be free from hazards.
- The enthusiasm to be hands on and have a guest service orientated attitude at all times.
- Possess a passion for high quality workmanship.
- To be reliable, punctual and well presented.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.