Rydges Camperdown – Night Auditor
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About the role
Rydges Camperdown is a 146 rooms hotel located just minutes from the Sydney CBD. We are seeking applications from a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to take on a casual role of Night Auditor within our Front Office team.
The Night Auditor is a key member of the Guest Services team and is responsible for the overnight operations of the hotel. This includes verifying the accuracy of guest accounts, reconciling and balancing charges/revenue. You will also assist with all aspects of guest services, from check-ins and check-outs ands luggage and any other service that a guest may require. You will be reporting directly to the Front Office Manager.
A professional attitude and absolute passion for customer service is vital for success in this role, as well as time management and sound problem solving skills. Your day-to-day tasks will look like;
- Liaising effectively with the accounts department any necessary information.
- Confident to complete the night audit reports thoroughly and accurately.
- Understanding of security and hotel operations overnight.
- Immaculate personal presentation.
- A passion for delivering exceptional, pro-active customer service.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Confidence & ability to work autonomously
- You will create memorable experiences for our guests with your exceptional guest service skills.
- A positive can-do attitude
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- A natural leader with a ‘hands on’ approach,
- Insists on leading by example
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent presentation and grooming standards
- Flexible working hours including nights, weekends and public holidays
- Previous hotel supervisory experience and
- Opera experience will be highly regarded
- A background in Hotel Front Office operations or prior experience in similar role
- Availability to work 2 overnight shifts per week across a 7 day rotating roster.
- Knowledge of Opera PMS will be highly regarded.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/