Rydges Canberra – Commis Chefs
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About the role
Rydges Canberra has casual positions available in our kitchen for hardworking, driven staff. We are looking for a casual commis chef to assist with our a la carte restaurant and banqueting.
The candidates we are looking for are the type of people who really want to push themselves to be the best they can in the industry.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Driven and hardworking chefs that wish to be at the top of their game.
- Experience with functions and a la carte are an advantage but not a must.
- Good basic knowledge of modern cooking techniques
- Reliable and punctual
- Good communication skills
- Work well under pressure
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.