Rydges Canberra – Senior Chef De Partie
The George Bar & Grill is located in Rydges Canberra. Following a multi-million dollar renovation, we are excited for the next phase.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic and team orientated professional to join the culinary team as a full time Senior Chef De Partie.
This is a hands on role involving food production, purchasing and kitchen sanitation. The role will require the candidate to work a rotating roster, must be willing to work on weekends and subject to business levels.
As a senior member of the kitchen team, the Senior Chef De Partie. will assist the Executive Chef to manage the daily operations of the kitchen team and be responsible in delivering high level operational standards for our Restaurant, and Functions/Events – including Weddings and Conferences.
Your duties will include:
- Leading, inspiring and developing members of the team, through the provision of information, guidance and a hands on approach;
- Training all kitchen colleagues on menu execution, techniques and HACCP
- Actively contributing to the menu planning process and execution
- Controlling food and wage costs, ensuring they come in on budget
- Assisting in special event planning and execution
- Through your strong knowledge of the menus, actively controlling portion control and preparation knowledge to create amazing quality products.
- Implementing the hotel and department regulations, policies and procedures
- Maintaining the kitchen in proper working order and where required
- Establishing and maintaining effective employee working relationships
- Providing information on menu items to members of the team and floor operations team so they can confidently advise clients when required
- Maintaining industry knowledge and staying abreast of industry trends and dietary developments
- Actively training and promoting compliance with food safety standards, hygiene, cleanliness and other compliance requirements of the kitchens area.
- Managing all aspects of the kitchen in the Executive Chef’s absence.
To be successful you will not only have incredible passion, talent and skills, but an eye for detail, calmness under pressure, natural leadership, as well as:
- Previous experience within a similar high volume, fast pace operation.
- Supervisory skills and experience, with a demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and develop a diverse team
- Up to date knowledge of current food trends, dietary developments and an innovative approach to operations
- Relevant culinary qualifications
- Previous experience in menu development and costing
- Strong knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices including HACCP standards
- Strong desire to achieve exceptional food quality and guest service
- Ability to work and meet deadlines, achieving high quality outcomes, and the ability to be flexible when required to meet guests’ and clients’ needs
- Proficient in Microsoft office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Availability to work days, nights, public holidays and weekends according to business demands.
- Full and unrestricted working rights in Australia
If this sounds like the opportunity you’re looking for, we look forward to receiving your application with your current resume.