Rydges Cronulla – Chef De Parte
About the business
Rydges Cronulla Beachside is an 84 room hotel which caters to our Conference and Events delegates, along with having an A La Carte restaurant which serves buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner, and a bar menu available 7 days per week.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Chef De Parte to become part of our ever growing Kitchen Team.
About the role
Our Chef De Parte will assist with the entire kitchen operations and ensuring it runs efficiently and profitably while maintaining our excellent reputation and attention to customer service. The successful candidate will assist with all day-to-day kitchen operations, as well as maintaining our high standards in products and services.
The role will assist the Exec Chef with kitchen operations for our 100 person restaurant, The Alley Bar, our 5 meeting and event spaces (largest space can cater up to 110 guests).
Benefits and Perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVENT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVENT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills and experience
- Training of all key staff on menu execution and techniques
- Maintaining the kitchen in proper working order at all times and, when possible, upgrading equipment to improve operations.
- Strict controlling of food and wage costs to ensure they fall in line with budgets allocated.
- Recruitment of kitchen staff when necessary, disciplining and terminating employees with management support.
- Establishing strong relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure best price and quality of produce.
- Implementing all hotel and department regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining effective employee working relationships at all times.
- Communicating politely and respectfully to all guests and staff.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar/comparable role
- Experience catering for weddings and social events up to 200 people
- Trade Qualifications
- Sound knowledge of traditional and current food trends
- Excellent presentation and exceptional communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Previous experience in a similar position in a 4 or 5 star hotel.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at Event Hospitality & Entertainment, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/job-signup/