Rydges Cronulla – Demi Chef
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Cronulla
Join our enthusiastic team at Rydges Cronulla, where you’ll experience the sun, sand, and warm hospitality. Located on Cronulla Beach, our hotel offers a unique coastal workplace, complete with fresh décor, locally crafted dining and fantastic ocean views. Dive into an exciting career and be part of our beachside paradise.
About the role
- Maintain a clean working environment at all times
- Demonstrate responsibility, management and ownership of your assigned Kitchen section
- Ensure all food production is in line with hotel standards
- Ensure the consistent delivery of quality, well-presented food to our customers
- Demonstrate a working understanding of food, hygiene and safety principles, ensuring compliance at all times
- Meet all hygiene and WHS requirements
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills and experience
- Hands on approach to your work.
- It is essential that you have at minimum a Certificate in Commercial Cookery for the Chef Roles.
- Experience with working in a kitchen environment and catering services.
- Fluent in the English language in order to communicate professionally with guests and team members, both in person and over the telephone
- A passion for delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and conflict, and work effectively under pressure.
- Well-presented and calm personality.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.