Rydges Cronulla – Maintenance Handyperson
About the business
Rydges is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
About the role
Rydges Cronulla is looking for a Full Time Maintenance Handyman to assist the Maintenance Manager. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this role is responsible for general repair and maintenance tasks throughout the property. Your day-to-day will look like;
- Responding to guest room issues including faulty appliances, air conditioning and lighting
- Minor plumbing repairs such as replacing tap washers
- General hotel maintenance
- Grouting and minor tile repairs
- Furniture and equipment repairs
- Conducting daily checks on plant and equipment
- Liaising with other tradesman who are doing work in the hotel
- Assisting with other maintenance projects as required
Benefits & Perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Previous demonstrated experience in a general maintenance, grounds-keeping, cleaning and/or relevant trade field
- the ability to work flexible casual hours and weekends
- relevant trade qualification or relevant experience in building trade (Desirable)
- the willingness to work as part of a team
Successful applicants will need to be enthusiastic, energetic, well groomed, punctual, and possess a professional attitude.
If you believe you are the right person for the job, then follow the instructions below to apply!
We look forward to meeting you!
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/