Rydges Darwin Central – Hotel Manager
About the Business
Rydges Darwin Central is part of EVT (Entertainment, Ventures, Travel), a proudly Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
EVT is Australia’s premier entertainment, hospitality and leisure company. We are a proud Australian company with over 100 years of operation within the Entertainment and Hospitality sectors in Australia and New Zealand. With more than 70 hotels, 150 cinemas, and 8000 staff, EVT includes brands such as EVENT Cinemas, BCC Cinemas, Rydges Hotels & Resorts, QT Hotels & Resorts, The State Theatre, Thredbo Alpine Resort, Atura Hotels and Edge Digital Technology.
About Rydges Darwin
Rydges Darwin Central features 132 accommodation rooms and is situated in the heart of the CBD in the Darwin Central Complex and only moments from the lush lawns of Bicentennial Park and the stunning palm-lined harbour esplanade. Conveniently set amongst the cafes, bars and eateries of the waterfront precinct and across from the boutiques of Smith Street Mall our guests are spoilt for choices with the many dining options around the Hotel. The best of Darwin and beyond is on the Hotel’s doorstep, located on Knuckey Street.
About the Role
Are you ready to take on a dynamic and rewarding role as a Hotel Manager? We are currently seeking passionate individuals to join our team on a full-time basis. As the Hotel Manager, you will have the opportunity to play a crucial part in realising the commercial objectives of the EVT Group, including our vision and goals for the Rydges Darwin Central Owner. Your leadership skills will be put to the test as you drive the entire hotel operation, ensuring the achievement of our people objectives, purpose, and values. Embrace the chance to lead, champion, implement, and improve our renowned People Brand, ELEVATE, while ensuring its continued sustainability. This is your opportunity to make a significant impact and be part of a thriving hospitality team.
- Growing all revenue streams ahead of market with primary focus on rooms.
- Ensuring the hotel maintains occupancy and rate growth ahead of market.
- Maximising hotel profitability with a key focus on occupancy, rate growth and tight cost control.
- Consistently delivering exemplary standards of customer service. You will play the role of “Mine Host”.
- Actively review, act and respond to customer feedback.
- Maintain and grow strong relationships with guests, Hotel Owners, team members, the local community and the EVT group as a whole.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
Skills & experience
- A true leader to take the hotel to the next level with extensive experience in a hotel manager role.
- Driven to succeed and passionate about what you do.
- Proven track record of building highly engaged teams and team member development.
- Demonstrated understanding of sales leadership, operation and collaboration with National Sales teams.
- Utilising, deploying and implement strategies to maximise the hotel asset.
- You are the face and ambassador of the hotel – front of house
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/