Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns – Maintenance Handyperson / Groundsperson
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Esplanade
Endless career opportunities await at Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns. Located on the esplanade, within walking distance of the city and stunning views of the Coral Sea, this resort is a lush tropical escape, boasting three pools, two tennis courts and fantastic dining options. It’s time to make your move.
About the role
We are seeking a positive, friendly and professionally presented team player with a passion for service and making the day better. As part of the Maintenance team you will assist with a variety of tasks as a multi-skilled handyman/grounds-person. Supporting our team and guests in our hotel in a polite and enthusiastic way.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Trade qualified.
- Hands on approach, leading by example to ensure a high quality presentation and level of customer service.
- Give daily support and guidance to fellow #daymakers in all areas.
- Reliable, hardworking and must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts and flexibility with hours.
- Great attitude and a willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail and professionalism.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/