Rydges Formosa Golf Resort – Sous Chef
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About the role
Rydges Formosa Golf Resort is looking for a Sous Chef to join our new team on our exciting new adventure. Reporting to the Executive chef you will be required to participate in all aspects of food preparation, food hygiene, meal presentation, overseeing junior staff and deliver a consistently exceptional food offering.
As our Sous Chef you will be an integral part of our management team. You will be a passionate leader within our business, with strong communication and organisational abilities, and bring with you the ability to lead a dedicated team alongside the Executive chef.
We are looking for a sous chef who will:
- Understand the brand and offering
- Work hard and lead through busy service periods, and work well under pressure
- Manage food preparation, and production and implementation of seasonal menus
- Ensure food preparation and presentation are always of the highest standard
- Manage food safety programs
- Manage Food and labor costs by being confident and competent in food ordering and staff time management
- Ensure consistent outstanding guest experience for all patrons
- Help lead & inspire a well-structured team of kitchen professionals delivering consistently outstanding meals and service
- Implement & monitor appropriate service & performance standards to ensure consistently outstanding guest experience for guests
- Provide effective communication with colleagues
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Fluent written & verbal English is essential
- Business acumen
- Service excellence
- People management
- Sense of Humour
- Style and Charisma
- Drive and Resilience
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/