Rydges Formosa Golf Resort – Conference & Events Coordinator
About the business
Rydges is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
About the role
Rydges Formosa Golf Resort is looking for a Conference and Events Coordinator to join our new team. Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will be an integral part of our Food & Beverage & Sales teams, and you will epitomize the very essence of the resort and its events spaces.
You will be a passionate leader within our business, with strong communication and organizational abilities. The Conference & Events Coordinator provides professional, courteous and helpful service to guests and/or customers ensuring that their expectations are anticipated and exceeded. This position works closely with internal stakeholders from other hotel departments to ensure events are planned and executed professionally and efficiently.
- Undertake daily administration/reactive sales activities including correspondence, filing, and preparation of quotes, general telephone enquiries and completion of post event follow up.
- Assist in the co-ordination of conferences, dinners, weddings, accommodation and private dining restaurant bookings as required. Book, update and/or cancel bookings accurately and according to the Standard Operating Procedures
- Handle calls, book appointments, assist in lead generation and enquiry follow up.
- Appropriate maintenance of the iVvy event management system including details of sales activity, client information, tentative and confirmed bookings.
- Prepare regular reports as directed by the Sales Manager or General Manager and adhoc reports where requested.
- Conduct post event follow up and work closely with clients to secure future business for the hotel and EVT group.
- Be presentable at all times in a professional corporate image
- Conduct site inspections for clients and third party suppliers as required for coordination of events
- Work closely with back of house teams to ensure events are coordinated appropriately and in line with meeting or exceeding the client’s expectations.
- Prepare all guest accounts correctly and ensure that all functions have completed a ‘method of payment’ form to ensure swift payment of outstanding accounts.
- Meet and greet all function facilitators on their arrival and confirm all catering and hotel facilities and keep in regular contact during the function.
- Ensure that all food served is the same in confirmation and is of the highest quality at all times.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.