Rydges Formosa Golf Resort – Duty Manager
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Formosa Golf Resort
Where the view never gets old, the people are genuine and an 18-hole championship-level golf course is at your doorstep, tee off the next step in your career at Rydges Formosa Golf Resort. Just 45 minutes from Auckland’s CBD, no two days are the same at this regional resort. Can’t wait to start? Neither can we!
About the role
Rydges Formosa Golf Resort is looking for self-motivated and experienced individuals for the position of Duty Manager, who are required to work autonomously on their shift, overseeing the resort operations.
Particular emphasis will be on assisting the Front Office Manager with the operations of Reception.
- Anticipate and exceed guest needs and desires immediately as they occur throughout your shift
- Ensure all Liquor Licensing Laws are observed and complied with by all staff for the resorts Liquor Licensing Regulation requirements
- Responding to all guest comments and complaints with professionalism, tact, diplomacy, urgency and a genuine sense of caring at all times
- Maintaining the established Rydges standard of service throughout the resort
- Maintaining consistent lines of communication with other staff on duty
- Providing assistance to other departments or outlets as and when required
- Strong focus on cleaning and maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in all public areas.
- Resort security. Ensuring the safety of guests at the resort.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Be totally conversant with regard to all aspects of the resorts computer system. Experience with Opera would be an advantage
- You will be expected to embrace change and show flexibility, enjoy your work, take ownership and use initiative to solve problems, provide exceptional service with enthusiasm, confidently take on challenges to deliver excellence and moreover enjoy celebrating everyone’s contribution and success.
- Ultimately we require candidates who will be an integral part of our team, and who are able to work independently, with a great customer service focus and sound attention to detail.
- Applicants for this position should have previous experience in a similar position along with NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.