Rydges Formosa Golf Resort – Night Manager
About the business
At Rydges Fromosa Golf Resort we are genuine and generous, always empathising and treating others as they expect to be treated. We also show great respect for other peoples’ cultures, values and customs, acting with integrity, fairness and honesty.
You will be expected to embrace change and show flexibility, enjoy your work, take ownership and use initiative to solve problems, provide exceptional service with enthusiasm, confidently take on challenges to deliver excellence and moreover enjoy celebrating everyone’s contribution and success.
Ultimately we require candidates who will be an integral part of our team, and who are able to work independently, with a great customer service focus and sound attention to detail.
About the role
Rydges Formosa Golf Resort is looking for self-motivated individuals for the position of Night Manager, who are required to work autonomously on their shift, overseeing the resort operations.
Particular emphasis will be on assisting the Front Office Manager with the operations of Reception, monitoring hotel security, along with undertaking shift balancing of the periods trading transactions, and ensuring that they are properly balanced and posted. Completing the Night Audit procedures, and distributing documents as required.
- Anticipate and exceed guest needs and desires immediately as they occur throughout your shift
- Ensure all Liquor Licensing Laws are observed and complied with by all staff for the resorts Liquor Licensing Regulation requirements
- Completing Night Audit procedures during the shift. Experience with Night Audit and Opera would be an advantage.
- Be totally conversant with regard to all aspects of the resorts computer system as they relate to specific night audit functions. Experience with Opera would be an advantage
- Responding to all guest comments and complaints with professionalism, tact, diplomacy, urgency and a genuine sense of caring at all times
- Maintaining the established Rydges standard of service throughout the resort
- Maintaining consistent lines of communication with other staff on duty
- Providing assistance to other departments or outlets as and when required
- Strong focus on cleaning and maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in all public areas.
- Resort security overnight. Ensuring the safety of guests at the resort.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/