Rydges Fortitude Valley – Pizza Chef (Pizzaiolo)
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Fortitude Valley
A stunning blend of heritage and lively entertainment, Rydges Fortitude Valley is at the heart of it all. Want to join the team that passionately brings the local Brisbane experience alive with an urban sense of flair and a twist of rural charm every day at this 4.5-star hotel? Now’s your chance!
About the role
This role will primarily be operationally focused whilst providing essential support to the Executive Chef, Sous Chef and wider kitchen brigade. The successful candidate will have a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and be a team player who works well with others.
- Prepare, season and cook food as directed, meeting dietary requirements where required
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Clean and organise kitchen and equipment in adherence to hygiene and safety regulations
- Preserve and store foodstuffs in appropriate temperature-controlled facilities
- Recording food temperature
- Stock management including rotation and wastage control
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience as a Pizzaiolo (Pizza) Chef
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multifaceted kitchen operations
- Attention to detail
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
- A versatile and hard-working person with a practical hands-on approach, who strives to achieve the best outcomes at all times.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of policies and procedures in workplace
- Certificate III or IV in Commercial Cookery (Pizzaiolo)
- Completion of cooking (Pizzaiolo) apprenticeship highly regarded
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.