Rydges Fortitude Valley – Restaurant Supervisor
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Fortitude Valley
A stunning blend of heritage and lively entertainment, Rydges Fortitude Valley is at the heart of it all. Want to join the team that passionately brings the local Brisbane experience alive with an urban sense of flair and a twist of rural charm every day at this 4.5-star hotel? Now’s your chance!
About the role
Six Acres Restaurant is on the lookout for a Restaurant Supervisor with a passion for all things Food & Beverage. As one of Brisbane’s best steak restaurants you would be responsible for overseeing Restaurant operations, looking at ways to take it to the next level. You will be an integral part of ensuring the outlets goals are achieved whilst delivering mouth-watering and memorable guest experiences. Reporting directly to the Restaurant Manager you will be responsible for leading a team of passionate food and beverage professionals.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Play an integral role in the growth and development of the Food & Beverage outlets being abreast of current Industry trends and developments.
- High level of wine knowledge
- A demonstrated love for food and beverage and the hospitality industry
- Lead by example with a proactive and “hands-on” approach
- Ability to thrive under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Current RSA certificates
- Strong knowledge on how to read and analyse financial results, profit outcomes and budgeting. This includes the ability to report and be part of weekly, fortnightly and monthly reports – COGS, Payroll analysis, P&L Reports
- A people person with a growth mindset and the ability to create a positive and proactive team culture.
- Ability to work in conjunction with the Sales team to plan appropriate marketing positioning and strategies for the Restaurant.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.