Rydges Geelong – Maintenance Supervisor
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About the role
We are looking for a full time Maintenance Supervisor to service one of our hotels, Rydges Geelong, reporting to the Hotel General Manager and the General Manager – Hotel Engineering & FM.
Our Maintenance Supervisors are efficient, friendly daymakers who really take ownership of the maintenance of their hotels. You’ll become the ultimate ambassador of safety, compliance, and customer service. Along with our team of maintenance professionals, you’ll support the hotel team and your guests.
If you’re energetic, empowered, optimistic and come with a can-do attitude you’ll be a great fit.
- Managing an effective maintenance service to the hotel – including plant and equipment, rooms, public areas, restaurants and bars, back of house areas etc.
- Maintaining all essential items according to the Occupancy Permit, Annual Fire Safety Statement and maintenance schedule as required.
- Ensuring your hotel is operating at the most efficient and productive level possible, while following all OH&S and Australian appropriate standards.
- Ensuring legal requirements and regulations are being met.
- Driving all maintenance tasks through a structured work plan.
- Ensuring contractor compliance.
Benefits and perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills and experience
- Comprehensive experience in general, plant and equipment maintenance
- Sound knowledge of Work Health & Safety process, Australian Standards, and legal requirements relating to building maintenance
- Experience in sourcing and managing contractors effectively
- Highly organised with great time management skills
- Communication and influencing skills – verbally and in writing
- The ability to make sound decisions quickly, as driven by great customer service
- 3 years’ experience in a hotel setting or similar
- Trade background
- Experience with maintenance / asset management software
- Experience in maintaining occupancy permits and compliance for buildings
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/