Rydges Geelong – Kitchen Attendant
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Geelong
Located in the heart of Geelong, where coastal charm and warm local hospitality intersect. Rydges Geelong features sweeping views of Corio Bay tand is only minutes from the lively CBD. Be part of the team that’s proud to craft unforgettable local experiences for guests every day. Are you ready to dive in?
About the role
- Carry out kitchen duties as directed by the senior kitchen staff on a daily basis.
- Cleaning and sanitizing dishes, utensils, benches, floors and other kitchen areas
- Assisting the chefs with preparation of food as needed
- Perform general back of house duties including re-stocking, organizing, packing away orders, etc
- Ensure that your work is carried out in a timely and efficient fashion.
- Maintain clean & safe working areas. Maintain full adherence to Food Safety and OH&S regulations.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- We’re looking for a bright, energetic & self-motivated person with prior kitchen hand & kitchen prep experience.
- Applicants for this position should have Australian residency or a valid Australian work visa.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.