Culinary | Listed 01 March
Rydges Geelong – Sous Chef
Rydges is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
Qualifications & experience
- Previous experience as a banquets chef
- Qualified Sous Chef or CDP
Tasks & responsibilities
- To effectively manage and co-ordinate the production of food to all areas of the hotel and maximise profitability – Specifically breakfast and conferencing service
- Responsible for the day to day running of all kitchen activities, including the development, updating & implementation of all menus
- Ensuring the entire kitchen production is maintained to the highest culinary standards.
- Have a full knowledge of, and practice all of the hotel’s established occupational health and safety guidelines (OH&S) and maintain a clean & safe working environment.
- Monitor all food storage facilities to ensure that proper storage techniques are being used and that the cleanliness standards of the hotel are being maintained.
- Comply with all of the established hotel operational policies & procedures.
- Requisition the appropriate amount of food product in accordance with the established Hotel policies and procedures.
- Staff training & supervision
- Any other tasks as directed by the General Manager or Director of F&B
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.