Rydges Gold Coast Airport – Room Attendant
Rydges Gold Coast Airport is looking for Casual Room Attendants to join our dynamic Housekeeping team.
Only 22 months new, this Gold Coast lifestyle themed 192 room hotel has a large conferencing and events market, lobby bar and restaurant with outstanding roof top bar “The Salty Fox”.
Not just a hotel and certainly not your traditional airport hotel. As much a leisure hotel as corporate styled airport hotel, this new product to the GC will be the first and last impression of our region for many of our guests, we will represent the region, hence the importance of having the right team.
An unrivalled product in the Asia Pacific, our beautiful new hotel is only a 2 minute walk West to the terminal, 5 minutes walk East to Kirra Beach, 30 minute drive South to Byron and still only 30 minutes drive North to Surfers, Broadbeach and our world famous theme parks.
About the role
This position offers you the opportunity to work in a truly unique property within an exceptional team environment. Our room attendants are key members of the Housekeeping team and are responsible for the cleaning operations of the hotel. We are currently seeking reliable and experienced Room Attendants who take pride in their work, possess a high level of attention to detail and can deliver exceptional high standards.
Within this role, you will report directly to the Housekeeping Manager and will be responsible for duties which include:
- Cleaning guest rooms; including bedrooms, bathrooms, floors, and corridors to the hotels high standards.
- Ensuring all rooms are fully stocked with guest amenities
- Ensuring towels and linen are refilled, replaced and stored correctly
- Report maintenance requirements
- Reporting any lost property following correct hotel procedures
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained, used and stored correctly
- Using appropriate chemicals for cleaning purposes ensuring safe work practices are maintained
- Ensuring all WH&S policies and procedures are followed
Skills and experience
- A friendly, customer focused attitude with the drive to provide total customer satisfaction
- Initiative to ensure that interactions with our customers are positive and efficient
- A good eye for detail & previous cleaning, customer service or hospitality experience
- Excellent communication skills & a high standard of grooming and presentation
- The ability and flexibility to work in a 7 day rotating roster including weekends & Public Holidays
- Be self-motivated and be able to work unsupervised
- Previous experience in the use of chemicals and cleaning equipment
- Have knowledge and understanding of basic hygiene requirements and safe working procedures
- Previous experience in a 4-star hotel establishment is desirable
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia
- A willingness to use initiative and strong problem solving skills
Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
50% off stays at EVENT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
$2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
As we look for additional good Southern GC team to join us, only successful team will be contacted within 7 days of applying.