Rydges Hobart – Room Attendant
About the Business
Rydges is part of EVT – Entertainment. Ventures. Travel. A proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment, and leisure in Australia & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers, and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
About Rydges Hobart
Rydges Hobart combines modern comforts and stylish interiors with the warmth and intimacy of a boutique hotel. The hotel features 64 guest rooms and suites, conference rooms, Food & Beverage areas, and pool.
About the role
Our room attendants are key members of the Housekeeping team and are responsible for the cleaning operations of the hotel. Rydges Hobart is currently seeking a reliable and experienced Room Attendant who takes pride in their work, has attention to detail, and can deliver exceptionally high standards.
This is the perfect opportunity for passionate Housekeeping professionals seeking variety and wanting the opportunity to provide guests with a personalised and professional service.
- Cleaning guest rooms; including bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, floors, and corridors to the hotels high standards.
- Ensuring all rooms are fully stocked with guest amenities and Mini Bar items
- Ensuring towels and linen are refilled, replaced and stored correctly
- Report maintenance requirements
- Reporting any lost property following correct hotel procedures
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained, used and stored correctly
- Cleaning public areas
- Using appropriate chemicals for cleaning purposes ensuring safe work practices are maintained
- Ensuring all WH&S policies and procedures are followed
Benefits & perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Be quick, consistent and have an eye for detail coupled with the demonstrated ability to multi task in a fast paced environment;
- Cleaning experience at a high standard in a similar environment
- You must be physically fit & able to work within tight time frames
- Have a flexible approach to work across all housekeeping requirements;
- Have a dynamic and positive attitude with a strong work ethic;
- Have a natural ability to engage with guests;
- Ability to work both independently & as part of a cohesive team
- Portray flair, passion and is well presented;
- Take pride in your work
- The ability and flexibility to work in a 7 day rotating roster including weekends & Public Holidays
- A friendly personality with a positive outlook
- A willingness to use initiative and strong problem solving skills
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.