Rydges Kalgoorlie – Handyperson
At Rydges Kalgoorlie, a vacancy has arisen for a Full Time and energetic Maintenance Handyperson to keep our property maintained and in top shape!
The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Desirable experience as handyman
- Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment
- Basic understanding of electrical and plumbing
- Good communication ability
- Well-organized and attention to details
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Qualifications & experience
- Trade certificate desirable but not necessary
- Would suit person looking to try out different trade areas and gain all-rounder experience
- Previous experience in similar role. And sound knowledge and use of horticultural machinery is an added advantage.
- Self motivated, Enthusiastic, Fit and capable of heavy work. Able to work in all weather conditions and able to use machinery, lawn mower, trimmers, brush cutter, hedge cutters, chainsaw etc.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Changing Light bulbs, batteries and troubleshooting as required
- Identifying and solving plumbing or air conditioning issues
- Consulting with trades as required
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the gardens, plants and lawns at the Hotel. And also maintain the beautification of the lawns and gardens in order to attract guests to hotels lush and green surroundings.
- Soil cultivation, digging, forking, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, edging, pruning, seed sowing, bed preparation and planting.
- The use and maintenance of hand tools and basic light machinery. The use of cylinder and rotary mowers, trimmers, leaf blowers.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply below or email your resume to [email protected]