Rydges Kalgoorlie – Restaurant Manager
Rydges Hotel Kalgoorlie is 4.5 star Kalgoorlie accommodation located in the heart of the city, seeking an experienced, motivated, and passionate Restaurant Manager to join our team. This permanent full-time position will provide leadership and support to the team. A true team player with excellent communication skills and a warm and engaging personality.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Restaurant Manager to join our team. This role is responsible for the management of our food and beverage operations and staff. We are looking for a team member who enjoys a leadership role, who have a passion for great food, teamwork, and for delivering outstanding customer experience.
You will be responsible for maintain the highest level of hospitality to ensure a memorable Rydges Kalgoorlie experience for all our guests.
Experience Required: min 1 year in relevant role
Primewest Grill is set to become the Best Restaurant In Kalgoorlie!
With our new Head Chef, Inspired Menu and upcoming Refurbishment – all we need is You!
Our Restaurant seats up to 80 guests, open for Breakfast and Dinner 7 days a week. We also offer In Room Dining and a dedicated conference and events space for up to 80 guests.
Responsibilities for Restaurant Manager
- Maintain clear levels of communication with business owner, team members with regards to day-to-day operations and business performance
- Remain calm under pressure and express great ability to problem solve on the run
- Be a highly organized, multi-tasker with attention to detail ensuring guests satisfaction
- Plan and coordinate daily restaurant duties
- Prioritize daily tasks and meet operational deadlines (stock orders, banking, reporting)
- Plan, manage and monitor purchases and operational expenses
- Identify measures to cut food and beverage waste or variances
- Manage, track and achieve KPI targets
- Prepare and manage team rosters and timesheets
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Manage and maintain the good image of the business and suggest ways to improve it
- Respond efficiently and accurately to any customer complaints
- Plan, organize and promote venue events and activities to drive sales
- Plan and implement marketing campaigns with management team
- Suggest and implement new ideas
- Experience with a minimal management position or similar role within a restaurant and C&E operations.
- A passion for the hospitality industry and a desire to grow your career within a recognised Hotel Brand.
- Be a Daymaker by making the day better for ourselves, our customers, our team and our community.
Skill and experience
- Min. Diploma level qualifications in Tourism and Hospitality Management or relevant industry qualifications
- RSA Certificate
- Approved Manager Certificate/ID Card
- Previous managerial experience in a hospitality environment
- Strong Food and Beverage knowledge
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to train others in a supportive way
- Excellent communication skills and a strong attention to detail
- Be flexible with days of work including weekdays and weekends
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Be very well presented and professional
- Have excellent customer service and team-oriented approach
- A passion for customer service along with a strong desire to achieve goals and targets
- Desire to develop your career in the hospitality industry
- Previous experience and knowledge of Infrasys and Opera systems desirable.
- Knowledge of Ivvy or Conference and Events Operations.
The position entails a roster of 5 weekly shifts totaling 38 to 42 hours. Shifts will be a combination of day, mid and evening shifts. Flexibility around our 7 day operation is essential.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
If you share our values, are passionate about driving a strong culture of success, and are seeking to develop a career with a rapidly growing hotel brand, then APPLY NOW.