Rydges Latimer Christchurch – Accounts Assistant
About the Business:
Rydges is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
Rydges Latimer Christchurch is 4+ star down-to-earth hotel where natural beauty and unmatched luxury set the scene for your renewal in the Garden City.
About the Role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Accounts Assistant to join our Finance Team. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will need a high degree of attention to detail, and proven reliability to ensure the day to day running of the finance elements of the hotel is seamless.
Our ideal candidate will have previous accounts experience in either Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or both.
Benefits and Perks:
In return for your bespoke service to our guests and dedication to the hotel, we will offer you:
– Daily staff meals
– Competitive rates of pay
– Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
– Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
– 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, LyLo and more.
– Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
– Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
– Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills and Experience:
- Ensure that all applications for credit are processed according to the established Hotel policies and procedures.
- Process incoming payments and allocate against balances existing in Hotel credit accounts.
- Raise and send invoices to individuals and companies who have outstanding balances with the Hotel.
- Contact and collect funds from individuals and companies whose accounts have exceeded the time limitations outlined in the credit arrangement with the Hotel
- Regularly reconcile the statements of credit accounts.
- To ensure that every invoice submitted for payment has been authorised by the appropriate department manager.
- To guarantee the arithmetic accuracy of all invoices submitted for payment.
- To accurately code all invoices submitted for payment.
- Process all payments through the computerised accounts system in a timely manner.
- Prepare daily banking sheets and reconcile cash ready for collection.
- Be a brand ambassador for the hotel as well as EVT.
- Follow and adhere to hotel policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals to ensure compliance, safety and profitability.
- Give assistance and support to other departments and/or colleagues when needed.
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Participate in scheduled training and development programs.