Rydges Latimer Christchurch – Conference Operations Manager
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Latimer Christchurch
Find new career growth in the Garden City with Rydges Latimer Christchurch. A stunning blend of history and contemporary design, the 175-room hotel and signature restaurant, Bloody Mary’s, is surrounded by the inner city buzz of Christchurch. Now’s the time to join our down-to-earth team with sights set on going the extra mile.
About the role
We are looking for a mature & responsible manager to lead our team! The right candidate would be passionate about hospitality and all things food and wine, with a positive attitude and roster flexibility. We are a busy Hotel venue with conference, bar & restaurant – be ready for action!
- Oversee day to day running of events
- Time management / multi-tasking skills
- Enthusiastic and committed to Staff development, training and Running a large team
- Conduct site inspections where necessary
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Follow cash handling procedures
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas
- Plan, organise and control the daily operations
- Assist with achieving financial targets in department
- Assist Food & Beverage Manager with training and developing the team
- Assist with annual appraisals with team members under your responsibility
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation and local licensing laws
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Enthusiastic & committed
- Very well presented with excellent communication
- Passionate about food & wine
- Ready to make an impression and exceed expectations
- Experience in the hotel industry
- Experience in managing and/or delegation
- Willingness to develop team members and self
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.