Rydges Latimer Christchurch – Reservations Agent
About the Business:
Rydges is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
Rydges Latimer Christchurch is 4+ star down-to-earth hotel where natural beauty and unmatched luxury set the scene for your renewal in the Garden City.
About the Role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Reservations Agent to join our busy Reservations Team. Reporting to the Reservations Manager, you will need a high degree of attention to detail, and proven reliability to assist in ensuring all bookings are accurate and on point.
Our ideal candidate will benefit in having experience in this area – and in other hotel front office functions such as Check-in and Check-out.
Benefits and Perks:
In return for your bespoke service to our guests and dedication to the hotel, we will offer you:
– Daily staff meals
– Competitive rates of pay
– Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
– Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
– 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, LyLo and more.
– Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
– Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
– Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills and Experience:
- Take direction from Reservations Manager, Rooms Division Manager and/or General Manager as well as maintaining a proactive approach.
- Convert enquiries into bookings via phone, email and online platforms whilst following the standard of service guidelines.
- Book, update and/or cancel reservations accurately and according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Relay any messages (phone or email) related to other departments immediately and accurately.
- Be fully conversant with the hotel facilities, services and overall rate structure in order to promote, sell and book hotel facilities and answer any queries.
- Anticipate, attend and/or communicate guest requests and/or comments in a timely manner and follow up to ensure the requests were met.
- Assist management in complaint investigation and suggesting resolutions for these complaints.
- Take effective action to resolve any foreseen problems to prevent complaints and grow revenue.
- Maintain the Property Management System by loading accurate information, linking the correct profiles, rates and notes to ensure effective and timely information flow.
- Enthusiastically sell the hotel and its facilities to contribute to the profitability through upselling and utilisation of the workings of yield management.
- Ensuring a consistent focus on guests needs and satisfaction; building a culture of exceptional service is paramount, consistently delivering exemplary standards of guest service.
- Actively promoting our Guest Loyalty Program Priority Guest Rewards, with particular attention on membership acquisition and recognition. Ensuring team members across all phases of a guests’ stay are proficient in informing guests about the rewards and benefits of membership.
- Be a brand ambassador for the hotel as well as EVT.
- Follow and adhere to hotel policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals to ensure compliance, safety and profitability.
- Give assistance and support to other departments and/or colleagues when needed.
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Participate in scheduled training and development programs.