Rydges Mackay Suites – Gaming & Bar Attendants
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
Rydges Mackay Suites is a 90 room hotel with conference facilities for function and events. Our Moss on Wood Restaurant trades daily from 6am-9pm and includes in room dining for hotel guests. We also have a bar featuring great cocktails and entertainment on weekends. Our gaming room boasts 45 machines and is open till 5am daily.
About the role
We are looking for experienced and reliable Gaming & Bar Attendants to join the team in Moss Gaming at Rydge’s Mackay Suites. The successful candidates will have a minimum 2 years’ experience in Gaming Room Operations (incl Keno), strong high volume Bar experience and the ability to work a flexible roster including nights, days, weekends and public holidays.
Benefits and perks
- Get Paid for every hour you work – full time paid hourly not salary.
- Regular training programs and professional development.
- A newly refurbished venue with an awesome atmosphere.
- Long term career potential within 60+ hotels across Australia and NZ.
- Incentives and discounts throughout the Event Hospitality and Entertainment group (Event Cinemas, QT, Rydges, Atura and Thredbo) Including discounted accommodation Australia wide and $2 movie tickets.
Skills and experience
- You have an outgoing personality, positive attitude and loads of initiative.
- You are totally into hospitality and food and beverage.
- You are able to juggle ten things at once.
- A commitment to exceptional guest service.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Impeccable presentation and grooming.
- Knowledge of OH&S & hygiene.
- Flexible availability to work various shifts across 7 days of the week.
- The successful candidate needs to possess the following experience and skills:
- A strong work ethic
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- 2 years minimum Gaming/Bartender experience.
- Ability to ensure areas are clean and tidy, maintaining stock levels and restaurant set up.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.