Rydges Mackay Suites – Breakfast Chef
(Full-Time or Casual)
Are you a morning person?
Do you love the smell of smoked bacon on the flat grill?
Can you work independently and as part of a tight team?
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
Rydges Mackay Suites is a 90 room hotel with conference facilities for function and events. Our Moss on Wood Restaurant trades daily from 6am-9pm and includes in room dining for hotel guests. We also have a bar featuring great cocktails and entertainment on weekends. Our Pioneer Ballroom seats functions of up to 160pax.
About the role
Are you passionate about perfectly poached eggs, fluffy house made brioche and a need to share these delights with our guests?
MOSS ON WOOD is looking for a confident and passionate chef to join our team.
Inspiring and challenging breakfast dishes to bring out the best in you.
Enjoy cooking the best of Mackay’s local produce with the freedom to soak up the finest tropical afternoons after work as part of our growing breakfast team.
Working for EVT means progression opportunities for career minded Hospitality Professionals – 80+ Hotels, 80+ Cinemas and Thredbo Ski resort. Amazing development opportunity to work and train with our 5 star trained award winning Executive Chef Mark Collings.
- You love food. You love to cook.
- You are a jack of all trades in the kitchen.
- You are a fast thinker and make decisions on the run!.
- You like working in a fast paced kitchen environment.
- You are a team player.
- You want to get creative.
Benefits and perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills and Experience
- A strong knowledge of kitchen operations, food and beverage and guest service.
- Trade Qualified.
- Can do attitude to create a positive and enjoyable working environment
- Reliable and consistent work ethic
- Strong personal standards of cooking
- Basic knowledge of ala carte kitchen operations
- Great communicator
- Excellent organization and time management
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/